Monday, March 2, 2009

We can leave the house again--Kind of anyway

Well, since my last post, Brooke has done so well. We spent last week at home on isolation. Boy were we stir crazy. I don't think there was anything left to clean in my house. Well, that was until the weekend. Anyway, Brooke is now allowed to leave the house with some caution. We really still need to be careful as to where we take her and who she is around. Her immune system is still in need of tender lovin care.
My house became a huge mess again by the weekend due to some demo on the bathroom. We put up new shower walls that turned into a bigger project than expected. We found that the drywall behind the shell had to be replaced due to mold so that may be some indication as to why my girls are getting sick all the time. Anyway, the bathroom is almost done so when it is I will put up some pictures. We ended up getting new fixtures, and all new accessories. I have to paint this week so the project is not complete just yet.
While doing this project this weekend, my daughter Alli began running fever. It started out at 102 and then by Sunday had jumped to 103. I was on the phone with the after hours as Mike was checking her temp again and it had jumped up to 106.2. As you can imagine I was freaking out because in my opinion that is way too high. The nurse told me that it was normal and to give her Motrin and a cool bath. Well, I didn't have a tub to put her in so my wonderful in-laws let me come out and take over their house for a little bit. I called our dr this morning and he was not very happy that she was not seen but said that it is probably a 48 hr viral infection. Her fever is down to 101 today.
I will be ready for all the sickness to go away.
Talk to you soon.

No comments: